Here I am about to head off on a camping trip, alongside 5,000 teenagers, at Stafford showground as part of the incredible Soul Survivor summer season, & I’m tidying up my loose ends at work, whilst mentally ticking off my “to do or to get done list” in my mind.
Packing, cooking dinner, cleaning the house, making lists for the hubby & the teens I’m leaving at home whilst away, whilst organising a small army of men to be at mine for a pre-arranged time to help load the hot tub, we’re selling, onto a trailer!
Just the normal required preparation needed to get away for a few days.
Planning my list, I’m deciding what are my top ten camping must haves are, for spending 5 days in a field with no electricity.
- Double Air bed & of course an electric pump. No camper should be without the electric pump.
- Kettle & my fave brand of instant coffee. My day cannot start any other way.
- Sleeping bag, or maybe a duvet, dependent on available space in the car.
- Salted Caramel and the Dark Colombian hot chocolate, from Choc affair, for when the teens head back to base camp for those late night snacks.
- Toilet roll, for when the loos are empty of any at midnight, you know how it goes!
- Torch, or lantern for those vital midnight loo trips.
- Book, for when the noise levels mean sleep just ain’t happening!
- A bar of Lime & sea salt chocolate for my own personal midnight feast, (not to share.)
- Wet wipes & of course the wonderful dry shampoo for when the shower queues are just too unbearable to face!
- My Fit flops, because the extra inch on the height lifts me off the floor of the shower. Phew!!!